About ALEA Membership
*If you are an existing member, please login using your username and password before renewing your membership.*
Download and print a pdf of the ALEA membership application / renewal form here.
Download and print a pdf of the A4 (double-sided) ALEA promotional flier 'Turn the Page' here.
Annual Membership Fees
ALEA provides a range of membership types to suit different requirements.
Please read below for information on ALEA Membership Benefits.
1 Year (GST exempt)
Family members are entitled to two member registrations at ALEA activities. An Institutional membership allows all staff members of the institution to attend professional development at an institutional member rate.
*Student membership only applies to full time students and new graduates in their first year of teaching.
ALEA Membership Benefits
ALEA provides support and professional development through international, national, State and regional conferences, workshops and seminars, journals, position papers and other publications.
The Association also provides a major advocacy role in relation to significant literacy issues, allowing members to participate in local, state and national forums concerning literacy; respond to government; and participate in major policy initiatives.
When you join ALEA you will have direct access to:
• Professional development for teachers at all levels, through activities organised by ALEA Local Councils around Australia
• The latest information on developments in language and learning through ALEA publications
• Invitations to attend State and National conferences each year, at discounted rates
• Opportunities to meet with educators, authors and illustrators
• Professional dialogue and sharing of expertise and best practice
• Three regular mailouts each year which include:
Practical Literacy: the Early and Primary Years (PL) and Literacy Learning: the Middle Years (LL) (Comprehensive members receive both; Basic members choose one of these)
ALEA Today newsletter and eNews
• Access to The Australian Journal of Language and Literacy (AJLL) online through the ALEA Members Centre
- Complimentary copies of ALEA's occasional pubications and other special members’ offers and resources designed to help you in your profession
• Participation in a growing online community of people dedicated to literacy development and language learning.
On joining, you will have the opportunity to be connected to an ALEA Local Council in your area and invited to participate in local activities. Find out more about ALEA Local Councils here.
Please be aware that online applications and renewals are processed immediately. Hard copy applications and renewals may take around two weeks to process.
Membership enquiries to:
ALEA National Office
Freephone (within Australia): 1800 248 379